Dada Mail FAQ
- How does Dada Mail work?
- Unlike Lyris, Dada Mail doesn't have user accounts. Instead there are lists and a list password, along with an email set as the list owner.
- How do I send to my lists?
- You can send email to your list in one of two ways. First, you can login to the web interface and send your message through the "Mass Mailing" menu on the left hand side. Second, you can submit a support request for your list to be configured to distribute emails sent from a specific list of authorized senders.
- If there aren't users, how do I control who sends to my list?
- If a list is configured to allow for email based sending to lists, then you can define the authorized senders for the list. Otherwise you can give others the list password (in a secure manner), so that they can co-manage the list.
- Sending HTML emails
- Dada Mail can take an HTML email and automatically convert external references to inline content. There are a large number of formatting options for HTML, and if you want to learn more about it you can visit the documentation at http://dadamailproject.com/support/documentation-9_6_1/.
- Sending web pages as HTML emails
- Dada Mail can take the URL for a website and convert it an HTML email, including automatically packing CSS references into inline blocks. More information can be found in the documentation at http://dadamailproject.com/support/documentation-9_6_1/.
- Merged sending
- Dada Mail can send a message to multiple lists at once that may have overlapping subscribers, and merge the mailings so that each subscriber receives a single message. More information can be found in the documentation at http://dadamailproject.com/support/documentation-9_6_1/.
Why did we migrate from Lyris?
The cost of Lyris has grown year over year, and the renewal for 2018 was a 300% cost increase over 2017.
Why the short notice for the migration?
The renewal invoice for Lyris is issued in December. Compressed timelines and competing projects contributed to delays in finalizing a course of action.
What lists were moved?
Any list which was used within the last three months was loaded into the new system. However, if your list has not been migrated simply submit a support request and your list will be moved for you.
- I have questions about my list, who do I ask?
- Submit your question or request to the CAHNRS IT ticketing system at https://support.it.cahnrs.wsu.edu or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.